The course teaches the basics of keyboard technique focusing mainly on having an understanding of the instrument, learning how to play and perform simple melodies, songs and classical pieces with the help of reading Staff Notation for both hands. The course is divided into two parts Beginners I and Beginners II, giving you a bundle of learning the techniques of piano playing, music theory, learning how to read music as staff notation and also builds one’s sight reading skills. In order to apply for this course, the students should have completed the Begnniers I course. Through this course, the students will be able to express their musical ideas and feelings, use their creativity, imagination and intuition for the pieces and songs they learn, develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of the instrument and reflect on and evaluate their progress.
All Trinity College London courses will train student(s) to prepare for Trinity College London examinations. The exams and certifications are external and registration for this can be completed by going to
- Students will be able to map music notations to the instrument and see how the notes are placed on the piano.
- The students will gain understanding on Music theory, in terms of reading sheet music and various music-related terms that we apply to enhance our performance skills.
- Skills on the techniques of piano playing will be developed wherein the students will learn Major scales, and Primary triads as a warm up exercise.
- The students will also learn to play classical pieces and simple songs from various genres.
- Sight reading and Hand independence will also be focused to enhance their performance.
- Age group: 8 and above
- The student should have a personal interest in leaning Western music; how to play the piano and reading sheet music.
- Should have completed the Beginners I course.
- Trinity College of London - Electronic Keyboard - Grade 1 book
- Note Book
- Manuscript Book
Keyboard Technique - I
Keyboard Techniques- II
- Major Scale & Relative minors
- Time Signature
- Sheet Music Reading
- Grand Staff Reading
- Chord Family
- Broken Chords
- Blocked Chords
- Chord Progression
By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Read pieces in TCL Electronic keyboard Grade 1
- Understand and play major scales and primary triads using correct finger positions.
- Play simple melodies with Primary chords in inversions.
- Be able to apply music theory concepts and read music on Staff lines.
- Play at least 2 songs/pieces reading sheet music, using both the hands.