Thumak Chalat is the Bhajan that paints the picture of the toddler Sri Ram, just learning to walk. This song of Tulasidas is soaked in 'Vatsalya Bhava' describing affection. The Bhajan is set to Taal Dadra, a six beat rhythm cycle. This course maps the song to the Swaras, to facilitate systematic learning and clarity. This is one of the Bhajans popularised by Pt. D.V. Paluskar. You must have listened to the version of this song sung by Lata Mangeshkar.
Introduction to the song- Thumak Chalat
Learning the Bhajan- Thumak Chalat
To develop awareness about Tulasidas and his Bhajans
To understand the jist meaning of the song
To develop awareness about the Swaras applied in the song
To learn to recite the Theka of Taal Dadra
To learn the Bhajan 'Thumak Chalat'
The student is able to
present the Bhajan 'Thumak Chalat' in perfection with Sur and Taal.
Introduction to the Bhajan- Thumak Chalat
- About the Bhajan- Thumak Chalat
- Meaning of the Bhajan- Thumak Chalat
Learning the Bhajan -Thumak Chalat
- Taal description- Dadra
- Bol of Taal Dadra
- Learning the Mukhda -Thumak Chalat
- Learning the Antara1 - Kilaki Kilaki
- Learning the Antara 2 - Anchala raja (improvised)
- Learning the Antara 3 - Vidhrum se (improvised)
- Learning the Antara 4 - Tulasidas(improvised)
- Learning -Thumak Chalat- improvisation